A Dozen Great Search Engine Placement Tips
To be noticed or successful in the World Wide Web one needs to apply sound business sense and practices. When a surfer uses a search engine to find information he will get what he needs within the first 7-10 results displayed. This means that sites that are ranked higher than 10 are hardly ever noticed. Most of the traffic is enjoyed by those who rank within the “top ten.” Here are a few pointers that may get you a ranking within 1-10:
1. Use relevant target key words for your pages. Ensure that the key words are more than two words long. Put yourself in the shoes of the surfer and list what the likely search terms will be which are relevant to the content.
2. Use keywords frequently through the page but with relevance. Higher placements are recommended. Ensure that target keywords are placed in the HTML title tag. Include target words in the titles. Write titles that capture interest and attention. These are what appear in search engine listings and only if they convey the content of the pages clearly will a user access the web page.
3. Every page must have a title tag, Meta keywords tag, and Meta description tag.
4. Use text navigation with great thought. It is advantageous to use keyword phrases as links. If text navigation is not possible then try and include footer on every page.
5. Avoid search engine stumbling blocks like image maps or frames. Construct your pages such that any search engine, old or new can read the pages. Create static pages and avoid symbols in the URLs.
6. Link analysis is used by important search engines in ranking algorithms. So, it is crucial to build solid links. Ensure that the links are relevant to your web content. Think quality not quantity. The secret is in approaching sites that are non-competitive and are ranked high by search engines.
7. Avoid spamming. It can get you banned. Fight the battle for supremacy by ethical means. Just ensure that your content is relevant and interesting, layout simple, and titles attractive and teasing.
8. To maximize efficiency submit more than one page manually. Make sure the pages are good representations of your site and its content.
9. Avoid automated programs for submission of pages. Submit manually and pay attention to any problems reported.
Search Engine Optimisation Articles
Search Engine Optimisation Books
Search Engine Optimisation